These Chocolate Halloween Candy Cookies are a simple way to use up all the Halloween candy throughout the next several months!
We are pretty laid back when it comes to Halloween candy and our kids. Yes, even as a dietitian I am pretty lenient around this holiday and any other holiday surrounding sweets. Thankfully my kids don’t want tons and tons of candy and they actually forget about the candy after a few days. Of course I know this is not the case with all kids, so of course there are tons of options as to what to do with the candy.
Some friends and I were chatting recently about what to do with the candy. If you have any leftover candy but don’t want it sitting around the house, check out these ideas:
- Freeze chocolate candies and use them throughout the year as ice cream toppers.
- Add chocolate candies to cookies like these Halloween Chocolate Candy Cookies or brownies or even to cake.
Of course it’s a little too late to donate it, but next year here are a few ideas of how to get rid of the candy quickly:
- Donate to local charities – our elementary school collected leftover candy to donate to several local charities.
- Halloween Candy Buy Back – drop off candy at local dentist offices and get paid by the pound!
- Switch Witch – If you haven’t heard of this, it’s interesting and there are many variations of the concept. Check out this link for some more details.
How do you handle pounds of candy in your house?
This Chocolate Halloween Candy Cookies post first appeared on Chocolate Slopes.