As used herein, the phrase “this blog” constitutes any current or future associated pages of the www.chocolateslopes.com website and therefore includes, among other things, its text, graphics, images, and other similar information. The information provided by this blog is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice; moreover, any information provided herein is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Any nutrition facts provided are only estimates and vary by brand. The recipient or reader of the content provided by this blog should never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical advice or treatment based on the content herein. The consumer or recipient or reader of the content further assumes all liability arising from or in connection with content of this blog; thus, the owner of this blog will not be liable for any losses, injuries, damages, etc. arising therefrom or in connection therewith.
The Chocolate Slopes blog abides by Word of Mouth Marketing Standards, as defined below.
- This blog makes meaningful disclosures of its relationships or identities with consumers in relation to the marketing initiatives that could influence a consumer’s purchasing decisions.
- This blog discloses meaningfully and prominently any forms of consideration or compensation it receives from a marketer or sponsor of the associated product or service. More specifically, this blog does not engage in marketing practices where the marketer or sponsor provides goods, services, or compensation to the author of this blog as consideration for recommendations, reviews, or endorsements, unless full, meaningful, and prominent disclosure is provided.
- This blog requires disclosure of the material aspects of its commercial relationship(s) with a marketer, including the specific type of any remuneration or consideration received.
- This blog complies with the Guides Concerning Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission (in accordance with 16 C.F.R. §§ 255.0–255.5).
- The author of this blog ultimately states her own opinions about particular products or services, so as to enable the consumer to reflect his or her honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences.
- This blog respects the rights of any online or offline communications venue (such as a web site, blog, discussion forum, traditional media, and live setting) to create and enforce its own rules as it sees fit.
- This blog maintains compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (in accordance with 16 C.F.R. § 312), as well as existing media-specific rules regarding marketing to children.
This policy may change from time to time due to updates, revisions, etc. Please revisit this policy from time to time for updates. This policy is effective from July 28, 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address(es);
- Demographic information such as postcode(s), preferences and interests; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. And may use the information to customize this website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which may be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Your internet browser may solicit permission to accept this cookie. If you agree, the file is saved and the cookie enables us to analyze web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you according to your individual preferences. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any unauthorized information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Chocolate Slopes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting provided you have given us permission to do so.
For information about opting out ad serving partners such as Gourmet Ads and please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy.
If you believe that any information we have obtained from you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
Giveaway Official Rules
Giveaways offered on this blog follow these rules:
- No purchase necessary.
- Open to U.S. residents only.
- Winners are selected at random.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW