Hi! I’m Kristy the owner and writer of Chocolate Slopes. I am a registered dietitian with a Master of Public Health degree, mom to 3 adorable children and wife to an amazing husband.
Chocolate Slopes is a resource for anyone looking for healthy recipes, realistic nutrition and fitness tips and a little adventure. I strive to help other families lead a healthy lifestyle through tips and tricks on how to eat healthy and stay fit in this fast-paced, over-indulging, fast-food-on-every-corner type of country we live in.
I can be reached at email@example.com. Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or ideas you would like to see on Chocolate Slopes. Thanks for stopping by!
Random Facts about Me
- I am OBSESSED with peanut butter and chocolate ANYTHING!
- My favorite all-time sport is snow skiing. I’ve skied in Spain, Colorado, Canada and all over Michigan. As you may have guessed I created my blog name Chocolate Slopes based on my love of chocolate and skiing!
- I LOVE to travel. I have visited more major cities in Europe than I have in the United States. Mostly thanks to studying abroad in Càceres, Spain in college.
- My husband and I met country line dancing…not do-si-do…REAL line dancing at a country bar named Desperados.
- I went sky diving at the age of 18, it was an amazing experience; yet I will never do it again.
- I love running, triathlons, rollerblading and boating.
- I have a motorcycle endorsement and love to ride but don’t own a motorcycle.
- Our kids birthdays are on the 3rd, 6th, and 9th in that birth order– you’d think we had planned it.
- I am active, extroverted, and adventurous, but at times can be the most serious person in the room—if you ask my mother, I’ve been that way since I could talk.
- I am a registered dietitian and will admit it’s a constant challenge to eat healthy and exercise regularly . . . just because I have the knowledge, doesn’t mean I’m immune to temptations!
Chocolate Slopes Team
JP, Kee and baby E: my little helpers who inspire and motivate me to be a better parent and dietitian every day!
Dan Hegner: attorney, accountant, brain-stormer for Chocolate Slopes and most importantly my husband!