This Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the perfect combo of pumpkin flavor and sweetness from chocolate chips to bring you a delicious snack for these cool fall days!
You might just browse past this post when you see “whole wheat” as part of the title and question the deliciousness of the bread. But trust me, it’s so delicious and worth making with whole wheat flour (specifically white whole wheat flour). And the chocolate chips added aren’t so bad either. And don’t worry, it’s not too sweet so you can still have some leftover Halloween candy along with this bread.
I’ve made this recipe several times this fall already and everyone who has tried it has loved it! Although I did learn something the hard way. I recently purchased mini loaf pans and tried them out with this recipe. I estimated the bake time, took them out of the oven and rushed to pick my daughter up from preschool. One very important step that I missed was testing the bread with a toothpick when it first came out of the oven. So when I got back, I cut into the bread only to find out that my mini loaves were all undercooked! Lesson learned – always do the toothpick check when taking bread out of the oven!
Pumpkin puree has some excellent nutritients including 83 calories (per 1-cup serving) along with 7 grams of fiber and is high in vitamin A too! Now, go enjoy this bread along with a few pieces of Halloween candy – 1 day out of the year will NOT make or break your health.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs and maple syrup.
- Stir in flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and stir just until mixed.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until bread is set and knife comes out clean.
This Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread post first appeared on Chocolate Slopes.